Roof leak in the winter? Whether after a winter storm or seemingly out of the blue, we fix roof problems immediately to avoid extensive damage building up over time. No matter how strong and reliable you think your roof is, you could end up requiring emergency roofing services. It can happen in the cold months frequently due to high winds and hailstorms.
And, in the same way that these types of conditions can catch local residents off-guard, they can play havoc with the roofs of their homes and businesses, perhaps leading to the need for emergency roof repair service.
First, let us take a look at the common roofing problems that occur in the winter:
- Shingle Damage
- Attic Condensation
- Ice Dams
- Insufficient attic insulation
- Damage to the chimney or masonry
- Damage from fallen branches
- Blocked gutters or vents
Tips on Handling Emergency Roof Repairs in Winter
With winter’s freezing temperatures, it is crucial that you follow the points listed below to avoid severe damage:
- Safety: If your roof gets damaged due to the harsh conditions in winter, be sure to move your family out of harm’s way.
- Restrict the Power Supply: It is advisable to turn off the power supply in the affected area to prevent accidents such as a fire.
- Call the Professionals: Do not try to inspect the damage yourself without the assistance of professional roofers. Instead of attempting roof repairs yourself, contact Empire Roofing & Exteriors specialists who have the resources and knowledge to perform the task properly.
Empire Roofing and Exteriors is your best choice for Roofing Emergency In The Winter in Guelph, Cambridge & nearby areas.
Get a professional Guelph Roof Repair company like Empire Roofing & Exteriors, trust our local and licensed roof repair services. By choosing a reputable roofing company like Empire Roofing & Exteriors, you will work with a local company with years of proven experience. We will be there for you now and in the future. All your roof repairs will be handled by our licensed and insured workers, all of which are carefully vetted and selected because of their commitment to quality and safety.
Don’t forget to ask us about our financing options as well through the most powerful financing in the industry through FinanceIt.
For this winter, if you haven’t had time to prepare your roof for the winter or prefer a professional to do it, contact Empire Roofing & Exteriors today for a free estimate!